Saturday 16 June 2012

A (film) Education - Part 3: The List

Here's how it will work. As with imdb.com (a most wonderful research resource for you) I will give a basic listing of the film in question. This will include:
  • title
  • director
  • year of release
  • country of origin
  • language
  • colour/B&W
Some of this will be self-evident: if the country of origin is Germany, the film is likely to be in German, except when it isn't (this will soon make sense).

If the film is made before 1939, it will be made in black and white (B&W).

I'll then write a little bit about the film. This will be partly be synopsis, partly some of my observations and reflections on the film and what I think about it and why.

Where possible, I'll include reference pictures, posters, trailers and links to other relevant material.

The list will be in chronological order, starting with the oldest film first. I am not sure yet how long it will be - 10? 20? 30? Who knows - but I will try to keep it manageable. And even if you only manage to watch five of them, rest assured that your knowledge will have multiplied tenfold in comparison to the impact of the mind-rotting multiplex fonder that passes for cinema these days.

Get it? Good.

On with the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment